Jennings .380

jeffelkins

Yes, I know it's crap...

However, I got one for almost free and have put about 100 rnds through it with only two feed jams. Now I'd like to learn how to field strip it. Anyone have a web site or info where I could order a manual?

TIA

Jeff

Jeff, Bryco has a toll-free number, and they'll fax or mail you an exploded diagram. I'll find the number and post it here.

FWIW, cleaning the thing is a minor PITA.

-Unload it (natch).
-Pull back the slide about 1/4".
-Depress the takedown button in the rear of the slide.
-With the button depressed, move the rear of the slide back and up.
-You can now pull the slide off from the front. The barrel is pinned to the frame. The takedown button, striker, and spring will fall out of the slide.

That's pretty much it. Be damn careful about turning the frame over. Lots of little pieces-parts that are held in place by gravity alone.

Rebuild is reverse of stripping.

If you have any questions, give me a holler.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Congrats. Ankenny might want to trade you his Kimber for such a reliable pistol! LOL ;)

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

My God...this _really_ makes me appreciate my Glock!!! <ggg>

I don't see a takedown button...just a flattish lever on the right side of the gun just behind the ejection port. It pulls out about 1/8 of an inch, but the slide does nothing.

If you can find that number, I'd appreciate it.

Ha ha ha. My little turd seems to work well too. If you keep it clean. The take down button referred to is on the rear of the slide (where the hammer on a 1911 is). When you depress the button (after unloading, after mag is removed) be careful the firing pin and it's spring can shoot out a good distance unless stopped by your eye.

Back