JC Higgins model 21 20ga, any good?

SARuger

I can get this gun for less than $100. It is locking up when the bolt is open/slide is back. I think it just needs a good cleaning. This gun has the poly choke as well.

Thoughts?

Its a project gun but its all there. The only thing that worries me is getting parts. I feel that I can fix it.

Well I got it but as soon as I started taking it apart I realized why it was locking up. The trigger assembly is made out of pot metal and it had deteriorated and broke in half in the inside and was hanging up the bars at the open bolt position. I took it back and got my money back as the trigger guard assembly is no longer available. Here is a pic of it. Damn shame it was a sweet looking 20ga

IMG_20141227_105400_334.jpg

So I picked up this little youth model Winchester 20ga for my 75 year old mom. She has been wanting one to kick around with and keep some buckshot in at the house

IMG_20141227_105319_018.jpg

It needs blueing but she doesn't care. $70 out the door on the Winnie :D

Yep my mom is a staunch supporter and fighter for our 2nd amendment right! She is a CCW license holder and a member of several virginia civilian defense groups.

Granny Clampet had a double barrel 12ga and weighed all of 100lbs! I'm glad she never pulled the trigger on that thing or Jed and Jeffro would have been picking her up off the ground and paying for a hip replacement :D

Back