JC Higgins Model 101.0

kmw1954

My brother just brought me one of these to see if I could find out anything about it. This is a single shot 12ga. 2 3/4". Anyone with any info on this gun and does it have any value?

Basically it's a gun made for Sears by a gun maker that stamps the JC Higgins name on it, JC Higgins was later replaced by Ted Williams on Sears guns.

http://gun-data.com/J_C_Higgins _firearms.html

Your gun looks to be a Savage/Stevens model 94

So now go to gunbroker.com and search for that gun in closed auctions were a sale was completed and you'll get an approximate value.

My guess is less than $100. However you should take a few dollars off because it has a Sears name tag.

Go and shoot the thing and have fun.

Thanks, seems to be a Savage 94 model manufactured between 1912 and 1945 with almost 1m made/sold.

Not a lot of value to it. This one is in very fine condition. I came to my brother thru a family estate.

There are range toys and there are guns that are all business, like the single shot scattergun standing in the corner of a farm kitchen. For the varmints in the dooryard garden, and anything else. The stripped down, refined essence of the firearm.

Department store mutts

One of my finest rifles is a department store JC Higgins,

Sear's Model 50 JC Higgins. It's a FN Commercial Mauser in .270. The chrome lined barrel is by High Standard. Mine has very unusual wood.

They made the same rifle in 30-06 as well. I would guess about 2K to replace this rifle today.

There are sleepers out there, if you don't mind a Dept. store name on the barrel.

Back