Japanese 6.5mm rounds

DaveNinja

Inactive
I got a Model 38 that my grandfather had brought back from the islands during WWII.
Its in great shape and I'd like to shoot it once, but I cant find any ammo for it.
Does anyone have an leeds on 6.5 Japanese ammo? Also, how does the Model 38 shoot (accuracy and kick)

Thanks Dave Ninja www.dgweb.com/~dninja

Norma still makes the 6.5 Japanese; any gun shop should be able to order. Warning: sticker shock! Maybe order 2-3 boxes and loading dies if you want to shoot it much. I tried the Old Western Scrounger site, but it is down. If you find any original wartime ammo, keep it for a collectors item, but most of the primers are dead and original ammo is around five bucks a round.

A very nice rifle to shoot and very accurate. Very little recoil. Those rifles are extremely strong, as post-war tests proved. Since Type 38's were all prewar, there are no late war ones (as there are with the Type 99). They are very well made and finished, although time and war have taken a toll on most of them. Have the gun checked out by a gunsmith who knows what he is doing, just as a precaution, and have fun.

Back