Jap rifles

Thanks Scorch. I think Drinks was asking for me, since I asked the question on another board.

He suggested that I check here, and I need just about any help I can get.

Someone gave me a sort-of-stripped model 99 (?), and I'm thinking about restoring it to at least working condition. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be cost effective, but if the cost isn't too bad then it's probably worth learning a little something from.

It has a bolt, action/barrel, and stock. It's missing the internal bolt assembly, the magazine assembly (just a box there), and who knows what else. Now I'm trying to see if I can find an expanded view to see what all I'm going to need.

From there, who knows? ;)

BTW-Thanks Don.

Daryl

Daryl; you might try e-gunparts.com. A cousin of mine said he found parts for a top-break Iver-johnson .32S&W there and now it shoots just fine. Thats the same kind of gun that president McKinley was shot with. Doctors dug and dug for the bullet and found it 3" from the entry wound after he died. His body had built a cyst around it. McKinley probably would have lived if the doctors hadn't dug so deep X4. Infection killed him. Meanwhile white house people brought chunks of ice to his bedroom window and useing fans, tried to bring the poor man's fever down by blowing cool air over the ice and in the window. Let me know if you have any luck w/ that website.

Last edited:
Isn't "Jap" an ethnic slur? Not trying to stifle the conversation here, but if this forum doesn't tolerate ethnic slurs, this one should not be an exception.

Back