Jack Ryan for President: An "Executive Order"

Paul Revere

For those of you who know Tom Clancy's work, you know who Jack Ryan is. Upon reaching the end of his great novel, "Executive Orders", I am convinced that it is that type of character that we NEED as president. A guy who has integrity, who is honest, and who is devoted to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution, and more importantly, who is not a politician!

Last night, between my yelling at the television (while Heir Ech'Klintonov spewed his leftist rhetoric), I was reading the final pages of "Executive Orders". How contrasting those two ideals are...that is, Jack Ryan's and Klintonov's.

One guy with balls of steel, and one with shrunken yellow ones.

Recommendation: READ THIS BOOK!!!

I have to agree with you Paul; Clancy writes a good book and has some really stand-up characters.
I recommend a good follow-up book now, but it's not by Clancy. It's "TERM LIMITS" by Vince Flynn. If you enjoyed one, you'll likely enjoy the other.

As much as I admire Jack Ryan, I'd have to go for John Clark first. :)

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Yeah, imagine a congress made up of We The People & not carreer pols.

Loved the part, "and this how the United States replies .." KaBoom!

TMoney, I see we have the same reading interests! Loved the poetically just ending in "Term Limits". As I read it, I kept comparing the characters with the real ones in our current despot's (and his henchmen's) regime. So close to home!
How about a John Clark/Jack Ryan ticket - the best of both worlds? I'd sure vote that one.

------------------
Nancy

file:///C:/My%20Documents/donttread.gif

Note too the quote at the very end by OW Holmes, "Ask not what you country ... " Seems noone remembers that JFK stole this quote from someone else.

Works for me. Clark got a pardon in that book, right? So he could come right out into the public eye.
BTW--good friggin' luck. :(

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by labgrade:
Yeah, imagine a congress made up of We The People & not carreer pols.

Loved the part, "and this how the United States replies .." KaBoom!
[/quote]

Another book (recently a movie) is "Starship Troopers".
Robert Heinlein, the author, used the premise that only people who had served in the military could be "citizens". Only "citizens" had the right to vote, hold office, etc.

As a veteran, I kind of like this idea.
BTW, it's a great book.

Back