Jack in the Box - Duck "Hunters"

w870xp

Inactive
Please forgive if this is old news - I visit TFL weekly, at best:

Saw a Jack-in-the-Box commercial on TV last night with Jack and two other dudes wearing camo, in a small boat, in the middle of a lake, surrounded by floating duck decoys.

Said to my wife: "Where are their guns?" None I could see...

Anyone seen this one?

I'll definitely have to take a closer look. I thought at first it was a nearly-subtle anti-gun message..."It's ok to hunt, as long as you don't have a weapon!"

I don't think they're hunting, just boating. The ice skate guy is Brian Boitano, ice skate champion. I think the other guy is Lawrence Taylor, football guy.

Weird though, boating with all camo and blowing duck calls in the beginning. I dont get it, but thats probably the point. I guess its called marketing :rolleyes: but i think there is a subtle lack of a gun presence certainly intended.

You would be surprised at the the way production companies that produce these commercials cringe every time someone
mentions gun!They have all sorts of insurance regulations and waivers for "gun's" that it makes it very hard (expensive)and
discouraging for companies to do ads featuring guns.I once had to build a non firing gun for a commercial and they paid me $5000
dollars for doing so.When I asked why they just did not deactivate a real gun,they replied that it was cheaper to have a "mock" gun
made than it was to cut through the red tape.

Back