J hooks or bands for Blade Tech IWB

Northwest Cajun

Hi Guys,
I am the proud new owner of a Taurus 445 and have nothing to carry it in. Good fortune has it that I work less than a mile"as the crow flys" from Blade Tech. I stopped by today and they do not make a holster for my new pistol but are willing to make one (or two) for me. I've narrowed it down to the regular IWB or the UCH "tuckable" But for the regular IWB I cant decide the J-hooks or the Snap bands will be better. The Production Mgr said he will make both design of holster for me to see which one I like better. I'm also under on obligation to buy either holster because they will be making the mold from my pistol.
If anybody has either of these holsters I'd like to hear from yall to see what you think about them.
Thanks
Cajun

I have the Ult. Conceal. tuckable with the hook and love it...less noticable than the bands...just IMO, they are very nice holsters.

Would you ask how much a j hook, UCH would be for a CZ Compact for me? Pretty Please :D

Shoot well

They are making me two holsters to choose from because the regular IWB and UCH are completely different designs. The UHC has a long piece that attaches to the bottom of the holster so you can slip your shirt between the holster and the part that attaches to your belt. The regular IWB attaches with the loops or J hooks at the top of the holster.
They said you can switch between the bands and the J hooks very easily but the UCH is a completely different design.
Cajun
I'll ask about the CZ compact Monday (what caliber?)

Eric,
Blade tech makes a holster for your CZ.
54.99 for the regular IWB & 59.99 for the UCH
I got a deal on mine because I brought in my gun so they can make a mold of it
, and they threw in a speedloader holder for free!
Cant beat that kind of customer service. I highly recommend them.
BTW I went with the UCH
Glen Comeaux
"North West Cajun"

Be sure to test the J hooks well around the house before going in public. With a long barrel weapon they work real well. My bladetech for my S&W 4006 is my fav for that weapon. However, a Bladetech for an AMT DAO Backup in .400 Cor@Bon with J hooks was a disaster. All went well until the entire holster and gun flipped out my waistband onot the floor of a McDonald's resturant!!! I purchased a set of belt loops for it. Easy install but the holster and gun would still flip out of my waistband at times and dangle from my belt. If the holster had been about twice as long it would have been perfect.

Would you like fries with that?
My cz 83 holster is long enough to keep it in place and seems to do the trick. I dont want my holster doing that, especially there. :eek: :eek: :D

NW, thanks for the help.

Shoot well

Riddly knows what he's talkin' about.

That's the reason I don't like the one I have for a short-barreled J-frame. Damn thing is just begging to work its way up and flop right over the belt.:eek: I would encourage you to look at the snap loops closely. They are adjustable, both to change the angle of cant of the rig, and to fit different belts in your wardrobe. That seems much more versatile, as well as secure, than the hook system.:)

I am using a Brown kydex tuckable with J hooks and absolutely love it. Dave Brown is local here in Tucson. His website is www.buybrownholsters.com He has molds for most semiautos and some common revolvers. He made one for my taurus 85 while i sat and chatted with him. I watched him cut the kydex and heat wrap it with a heat gun blower around my weapon.

Amazing how it comes to life. All this was only $48

I highly recommend his product and commitment to quality.
Take a look at his site, look past the red flame novelty holsters to get to the real black c oncealment ones for us plainer folk.

Sleepy

I have a Blade-Tech IWB for my Glock 27 with snap loops. I love it. I've never tried the J-hooks but they look nice. I think I'd agree with the post above about J-hooks and small guns. Go with the loops for small guns (Glock 26/27, Kahr MK-9/40, etc).

Back