J Frame Trigger Job

sox

My trigger on my 342PD was horrible. Not wanting to go the $95 route at the performance I took it upon myself to have at the trigger. Sprayed out the innards really well, then lightly lubed the components, next replaced the factory hammer spring with a wolff 8 Lb. What a difference, like night and day. I have the entire set of Wolff springs, and I am going to replace my rebound spring next and play with different combinations- If I can figure out how to remove the rebound spring? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Carefully!!!You will ahve a spring jumping allover the place.Wear glasses.I use a small screwdriver to work the block up about halfway.I then put my thumb over it holding the spring in and work it the rest of the way up.Don't get hurt!!!!

Bob, wow that spring can fly baby! What a pain- my fingers are so sore. I still don't know how I managed to get that thing back together. I think it was while cursing a blue streak and my face turning purple. What a difference though. Going to the range to test for reliability today. I used the 8lb reduced hammer spring and the 13lb. rebound spring this was recommended on others posts. Thanks again.

Back