J frame night sights

P-T does that work as well. Depending on the type of front blade you have. If the blade is pinned in the make a replacement blade, in black, so it just drops in and you get a black blade in case you have a stainless pistol. My ramps were integral to the sight rib. They machined the ramp off, bead blasted the sight plain, and dovetailed in a black sight of the correct height. I prefer a green dot on front since it is the brightest most visible coler to the human eye, but P-T will do orange.

I have the pinned front sight on my m-640. I went to PT's web site and they don't mention anything about the front sight for a j frame. Where do you get them from?

Apparently they haven't updated the website lately. I would drop them an email and ask about it or call them. If the person you get doesn't know anything ask for Dave Gregor, the owner, and tell him that you talked to me and I told you that they have a pinned in black replacement blade available. He will know what it is. BTW, the pinned in blade is much easier and cheaper to replace than having to do the mill job and dovetail cut like they did on mine.

Trijicon can also do "Custom" installations...night sights in fixed-sighted revolvers, for instance...last time I checked, their "custom work" was done by a place in Michigan...can't remember the name, but...if you call Trijicon they'll steer you in the right direction!!!....mikey357

IWI (maker of P-T Night Sights) smithed a J-frame for me. They installed a green tritium dot in the existing front sight by milling a tunnel and adding a tritium insert. An outstanding job.

Back