J frame carry

PDXGraham

Inactive
I recently moved from a Glock 26 to a Smith 642 due to ease of carry. The glock was too cumbersome especially in the summer time with no jacket to conceal. I went with the 642 cause I can just pop it into my pocket and it never gets in the way, what's a good quality pocket holster option I can look into?

I purchased an Uncle Mike’s inside the pocket holster and had every intention of getting something “better” down the road. However, this thing has worked great and I’ve never even considered anything else.

I like the DeSantis as well. One thing a 642 or similar works great for pocket carry is its round shape that blends well with the round shape of humans.

I like the Uncle Mike's or Blackhawk size 4. It's easier to draw from within the pocket. A Desantis holster is another great option.

I've carried my 442 or 640 in a Size 4 Blackhawk, though, in the front pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mika Pocket Holster is by far the best I have owned. The holster stays in place but your weapon slides right out easily. I have carried a 642, model 36, model 49 and Colt Detective Special and they have fit like a dream. Mika holsters are worth the money and worth any wait!!!

I carried my S&W M36 and Taurus 85 with two of these for over ten years. One of the least expensive but very effective at keeping the gun in positionhttps://www.madcityoutdoor.com/products/bianchi-model-152-pocket-piece-concealment-holster?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=33123795655&gclid=CjwKCAjw2NvLBRAjEiwAF98GMTeWA-0E0IfyHlyJKD9VLhhAVRxAaB9PtGi07af6n6HGcdZ2cSsb8hoCV6kQAvD_BwE in my front right-hand cargo shorts and my winter-time cargo pants pocket. You can pay a lot more and get a lot less.

I bought an inside the pocket holster for my taurus 617 because it was cheap and it was better than nothing I thought. Not only have I not bought another, but when I got my Taurus 605 and my S&W Model 36, they both fit in it too and I don't use anything else. Its even great for inside the waste band because the tackiness will keep it from sliding down very much. Can't remember the brand unfortunately, but it was from Cabelas and it was tan colored. Even now this thing looks worn out as can be and continues to fulfill its purpose any time I need it.

I always use Uncle Mike's inside the waist holsters for my G19 & G43. I live in south Florida and it's pretty warm here and one must carry hidden. Glad I don't have to wear my shirts tucked in anymore. I have a under the shoulder rig, but almost never use it.

Mika. I tried the nemesis and found it to be a good holster but little too bulky especially compared to the Mika.

Back