J-clip, standard clip, or loops?

groverdill

As far as IWB carry, what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of holster attachment methods? I understand the importance of a good gun belt, but I'm trying to determine which method of attachment works best for IWB carry. I ask this question because the holster I'm considering has a standard belt clip, but my thinking is that a j-clip or snap loops would be more secure. Or doesn't it matter with IWB?

Mike

Personal Preference

I wear a Comptac holster and also have a Crossbreed Supertuck. Both are IWB and have the two different kinds of clips. The big difference is visibility. The normal clips are pretty visible if you know what you are looking for and seeing. The j-clips hide it better as they go between the belt and your pants and don't show much.

Avoid metal clips in either style...

They wear holes in anything between them and another surface (e.g., a short-sleeve shirt and a car seat/desk chair). I had a considerable number of nice shirts destroyed due to metal clips rubbing holes---about six duluth trading heavy weight no-polos to be exact.

J-clips don't distribute weight as well (I.e. to the belt), so they tend to cause side-arm sag...

Back