"J-15" DERIVATIVE OF AR-15

Paladin

Greetings.
Can anyone help me out with a little background on an AR-15 that I recently purchased? The lower receiver is marked "E. A. CO., KR. SPR. LA." and "J-15". The upper reciever has the "A2" hand guards and a 20 inch heavy barrel. It obviously was mated to the lower reciever at a later date as the finishes do not match. I can not find any markings on the barrel itself but it put five rounds of Winchester 63 grain SPs into a two inch circle at 200 yards. Any information would be appreciated.
Take care and God bless,
Paladin

Paladin,
You have a parts gun built on an Essential Arms lower receiver. E.A. went out of business before the ban and their machinery was purchased by DPMS. Their receivers are cast not forged and of good quality. Busmaster used to sell them before they started selling their own proprietary receivers. I've still got an AR I bult on one.

Sounds like whoever put yours together did a pretty good job. E.A. never produced any complete rifles.
HTH
Jeff

I too have a J-15 reciever and my finnish does not match either. I think essential arms just made them a funny color. Does anyone have a J-15 reciever that matched the upper. I have seen 3 and none matched.

Later
Daren

Every one I ever saw was a light gray color.
I had good luck matching the one I have left to the upper with "Gunkote".
Jeff

I have two Bushmasters assembeled from parts and kits (all Bushmaster parts & recievers) and none of the uppers and lowers match. Could be from different days when they were anodized. One is really black, another has a kinda copper hue to it and another is to the green shade like the barrel. Both work flawless and have not changed color during cleaning. So who cares about color?

Back