IWI Jericho 941 pistol

Juancts

Hi. Recently visited the IWI website to take a look @ the Galil. They have a pistol called the Jericho 941.
Anything to say about that handgun ?
Appreciate your reviews and comments.

IWI is a phenomenal firearms manufacturer and the Jericho 941 is based on the CZ 75. So it's got a good pedigree and manufacturer behind it.

I had a 941 (20 years or so ago). Heavy (perhaps overbuilt) and reliable. I haven't shot one recently but I wouldn't hesitate. Like the CZ 75, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the minimal purchase on the slide, but that doesn't affect it as a shooter.

DuckDuckGo some reviews and see what comes up.

*edit- I should note I had the full sized steel frame. They now have polymer full and midsize framed in 9mm too.

Last edited:
IWI is a phenomenal firearms manufacturer and the Jericho 941 is based on the CZ 75. So it's got a good pedigree and manufacturer behind it.

I had a 941 (20 years or so ago). Heavy (perhaps overbuilt) and reliable. I haven't shot one recently but I wouldn't hesitate. Like the CZ 75, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the minimal purchase on the slide, but that doesn't affect it as a shooter.

DuckDuckGo some reviews and see what comes up.

*edit- I should note I had the full sized steel frame. They now have polymer full and midsize framed in 9mm too.

Thanks ! I was looking at the Jericho 94 steel frame compact. For polymer I’ll stick to my Glock and my Sig.

While I like the Jericho 941, I agree- I can't find any rational reason to buy it over Glock (or H&K, Sig, CZ, etc...).

If I want an IWI fix, I'll grab a Tavor or Galil...

I had a BDE polymer compact model for years. It was back when magnum research imported the 941 and called it the baby desert eagle. It wasn't a bad pistol, as previously said loosely based off of the CZ75.

I sold it eventually. Despite being a decent pistol, it had an extremely heavy DA trigger (SA was decent) and there weren't many options for tuning it. Holsters were difficult to find (not an issue for me now, I make my own). And, I found that the CZ P07 was a similar size, better out the box trigger, had reasonable priced upgrades available from CGW, and held an extra 2 rounds of 9mm. Not a bad pistol but I found an upgrade. The model I had was purchased in early 2007. I can't speak to recent models.

FWIW I do wish I could have an original 941 with both barrels and a supply of .41AE brass.

The Jericho line is based on the Tanfoglio VERSION of the CZ design and in some ways might be considered equal to the metal-framed CZs in most respects.

(IWI originally bought parts and assembled them in Israel, but later bought the rights to make their own guns using the Tanfoglio design. I think at least one or two of the Turkish gun makers did the same.)

About the only things that are interchangeable between the Tanfoglio-based guns and the CZs on which they are based are some recoil springs and some magazines.

Last edited:
I feel like the Jericho pistols are overpriced. Tanfoglio and Sarsilmaz, and some others have very similar offerings that usually come in $100's less for basically the same pistol mechanically. I don't have a Jericho, though, so maybe I'm overlooking something.

I don't have a Jericho, though, so maybe I'm overlooking something.

I have had a Jericho, and you're not overlooking anything. I will say resale was decent on it, didn't take much of a hit when I sold it. It was a solid pistol. Just really offers nothing more than less expensive models you listed.

I went through the police academy with a IMI Baby Eagle. Basically the exact same gun just with the second stupidest name they ever carried (later know as the Uzi Eagle, even stupider).

I put several thousand rounds through it. Accurate, ergonomic, reliable but.... HEAVY. I mean - make an M9 look anorexic heavy.

Amazing duty weapon, car gun, night stand pistol, etc. Not a great choice for a carry piece. I'm not saying I never concealed it, but it didn't take long to figure out how bad it was to do so.

The gun is designed so well that hotter ammo didn't increase muzzle flip. You could feel the slide slamming back harder, but rise never seemed to increase. Great gun and actually what got me into CZs. It said it would accept CZ 75 mags and I was like "what is that? A Seezie what?"

While I like the Jericho 941, I agree- I can't find any rational reason to buy it over Glock (or H&K, Sig, CZ, etc...).

I tend to agree. If you just want a Jericho, go for it.

But it's pretty easy to find good surplus CZ75s online for under $400. CZ parts/accessories are more plentiful, and the CZ75s are a bit nicer in terms of looks and ergos in my opinion.

Older Jerichos are quality guns. I had a good bit of time in on a steel framed 9mm and it was very very accurate and a joy to shoot. Nice guns. I would take one over a run of the mill glock any day. I have no idea on the new polymer framed guns though.

I love IWI / IMI Jerichos. Very well made, combat proven, excellent ergonomics. Metal frame version is heavier than the plastic one. Magazines, holsters and night sights are available, no problems.
My advice to you is : "BUY". You will not regret it.
And yes, CZ, Beretta, Sig, Glock, etc. are excellent too.

I had one about 10 years ago, when in was imi(Israel military industrys) called the "baby eagle." It was the compact all steel (12 shot). It fit the 15-17 round mags of the big brother as well. One of the most accurate pistols I've ever owned. It's one of the few guns I regret selling. While heavy, If I ever found another one for a decent price, I would NOT hesitate to get it!!!

Buddy had a 941 25+ years ago. First time I'd seen one and wanted one ever since. Though I cooled off when I found out I had mistakenly thought .41 was "magnum", not "AE" - I was young.

I'd still buy one if I found a complete, clean example and toss it in the safe just because. Nice handgun

Back