IWB Holster: How ??

Country Boy

I just got my Milt Sparks Summer Special II in the mail today for my Browning HP. Being new to concealed carry, I'm not sure how firm a new IWB holster is supposed to grasp a handgun. My holster seems a rather close fit; I'm not sure I could get my gun out in a slow hurry. How firm is a new holster supposed to grasp the gun? Is there a breaking in process that I should be aware of? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Country Boy (edited April 14, 2000).]

Congratulations !
You made a good choise of an IWB holster.
I use an IWB Heritage (smooth in and outside)model from M.Sparks since 1994 for my HP.
As a plainclothes LEO I use mine on a daily basis.
Don't worry about the "close fit" of your hoster it need a breaking in time.
I can assure you that this holster really works and I speak from experience. ;)
I hope this can help.

------------------

The MS Summer Special II is great. I recommend wearing it with an UNLOADED gun for a few days and practicing draws from it. In due time, it will break in nicely. It is VERY comfortable.

------------------
ArmySon
1911 Addiction
1911 Forums
"Rangers Lead the Way!"

I've got a Milt Sparks SS and love it. Keep in mind you want the gun to be a tight fit, the last thing in the world you want is it dropping out when you are in the grocery store. However if it is just too tight you have a couple of options. The first is to buy somthing called Leather Lightening. IIRC it's available from Mitch Rosen. The second option is to wrap your HP in saran wrap (yes that saran wrap) and jam it into the holster. After a few days the holster will have eased up some. Hope this helps.

bkm...

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...

Want to make it come out fast?Use baby powder as a lube inside the holster..I am not kidding it works very well and no harm to the gun.
Bob

Back