Iver Johnson Pony .380

six 4 sure

Normally I don't buy a gun I know nothing about, but when I saw this one I had to have it. It seems to be a nice 380, sort of a mini 1911. Has anyone ever had one? Did you have any problems? Any other general information would be great.

------------------
As to marksmanship, it is not what you once did, rather it is what you can do on demand.

Actually it's a long story. all this is from memory so take it with a grain of salt.

The gun began as the FI(Firearms International) Pony sometime in the 60s. FI had a lot of connections with Star and they probably made it, to be imported by FI. Then Colt decided they would sell it and there are a small number of pistols marked Colt Pony. Finally your gun. They're all essentially the same, made in the same place. I'm not sure, but due to the import points system they may have been imported as parts and assembled by FI.

I never shot one, but the rumors were that they didn't work too well.

Six 4 sure:
If you need the assem/disassem instructions, w/photos I have them, but, will need your email address. if you email me, reference the Pony

HJN

I had that exact gun in nickel several years ago. The WORST gun I ever owned. Jammed or miss fired everything it ate. A trip to the gunsmithy did'nt help so I sold it. Good luck.

I had one back in the early 80's. It fuctioned just fine, but was not very accurate for me, so I gave it away.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

six 4 sure
I have tried, unseccesfully, 5 different times to email the disassem. instructions. YOu Pc will not accept. Do you have a photo card installed?

HJN

I had an FI pony. It had a serial number that indicated it might have been a Colt prototype. Anyway. It was a cute little gun with a superb trigger. It would not function at all. I swaped parts for months including the extractor, barrel, link and pin as well as the guide rod. Eventually I found a combination that got the gun to run reliably. Only problem was the metal was so soft the slide rails would pean and the gun would lock up. I eventually sold the gun but I do miss it in a way. I ended up getting a Mustang. Not the panache' the FI had but it's still a 380 1911 ... Mark THG

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
mde@icsi.net

Back