Iver Johnson 32 Hammerless

folson

Inactive
Hello Been a few years since using this forum So Hello Anyway was wondering if I could get some help on a pistol I just purchased on Gun Broker. The following is provided: Over Johnson Safety Hammerless 32 Serial #H5805 Blued. The issue is that H prefix. The patent dates are on the left side of barrel ending Aug 25th 96 with 2 stars. Top has Over Johnson info. The left inside the grip has H5805. No spring but a solid leaf spring. double release 5 shot. Thank you

I believe it's a second model safety hammerless. Made in 1903. Difficult without pictures. I believe with the flat spring it's for back powder cartridges.

Thank You Tidewater. The other issue is it possible that sometime in its life the Gun was modified from a single latch to a Double latch? Thanks all.

I believe that by 1903 it would have come from the factory with the double latch.

Here is mine. Very similar to yours.

Attachments

• Iver-2.jpg
    Iver-2.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Yep your right looks the same. But was wondering if it was possible for the front end of the pistol to work with a single latch??? I only ask to see if it is possible it has been altered. Thanks again

Back