I've seen it all.

Mike38

If I die tonight, I can say that I've seen it all. Went to a local gun show today to check on reloading supplies, bullets and primers. What do I see front and center in building #2? "Farm Fresh Eggs" for sale. I've been going to at least 5 gun shows a year for the past 50 years, and this is a first. I did pick up 1000 pcs. of 124gr .356 bullets for a good price, so it wasn't a total loss. But eggs? Seriously? Eggs at a gun show?

Thought I'd share a picture, I'm not sure I even believe it and I was there. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• gunshow1272024.jpg
    gunshow1272024.jpg
    864.4 KB · Views: 141
Less lethal ammunition.

Just pelt the bad actors with eggs until they stop doing the thing that threatens you.

Was there an egg launcher nearby?

For generations, one of the bigger shows in my area was held in a huge fairground building, about 2/3 was guns, the other third was flea market stuff. Gave the wives something to look at while husbands cruised the gun show part.

Sadly, various anti-gun measures (including insurance) pretty much killed off the gun shows in my area and the COVID "panicdemic" not only nailed the lid shut, but closed the grave and poured a concrete slab on top. :mad:

Good to see they are still operating where you are, and if they sell eggs too, so what?? At least you still have a gun show.

Eggs...well,
Our local supermarket manager was bedeviled by old widower Gus who constantly hectored the manager for only selling eggs in increments of one dozen or larger, seemingly ignoring the needs of single folk like himself.
Then one day when Gus showed up the manager took him by the arm and proudly marched him over to the dairy aisle and showed him the supermarket was now selling half-dozen cartons of eggs.
Gus was so overwhelmed he bought two.

(Confession: I steal from the Reader's Digest.)

Eggs don’t need to be refrigerated if unwashed farm eggs.
When I worked at a large supermarket chain in high school, the eggs would sit on a pallet in the Un-refrigerated stock room for a week or two, especially around high egg use holidays like Easter and Christmas.

Someone here years ago suggested using eggs as biodegradable reactive targets.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/should-you-refrigerate-e

Healthline offers a different opinion: " In the United States, eggs need to be refrigerated in order to reduce the risk of salmonella. The USDA recommends storing eggs at or below 40°F to minimize the risk of salmonella. However, in many European countries, where hens are vaccinated against salmonella, refrigeration often isn’t needed.
It’s important to note that eggs should be stored in their carton and placed in the coldest part of the refrigerator, not in the door. Fresh eggs purchased from a farmers market need to be refrigerated as soon as you get home."

As an aside, my wife and I vacationed in Mexico and stayed at a modern resort. One morning we stood in line for a "freshly made" breakfast and I noted a mountain of eggs piled high next to the chef. That night my wife had projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea, potential dehydration forcing us to immediately discontinue our vacation and get home. She was hospitalized upon arrival and was treated for an intestinal infection. I attributed that to the eggs being out of the refrigerator that morning.

Your link is bad…
Once target eggs are washed the target eggs will need to be refrigerated…
Unwashed target eggs do not need refrigeration…
You can also drink raw milk with no issues and it does amazing things for your hunting and shooting energy levels.

Read in the newspaper where California is having a problem with eggs due to "bird flu".
We in Minnesota went through that last year and buying a turkey for the holidays was an adventure. Now eggs have come down in price. Tom in MN

Back