I've Never Seen This Italian Maker's Mark Before -- Help

liugi

Inactive
Hi Folks:
I ran across an Italian 1851 from 1978 with BFB in a circle under the loading lever.
I am not familiar with this logo.
Any clue???
Thanks
--Liugi
bfb.jpg

I can't recall it. What is leading you to say it's Italian? Because others are made there? Did you get the 1973 from a date code on the revolver? Or do you have some paperwork on it or a box it came in? All of those things could be of help and save a lot of guessing.

If you could possibly post some photos of the pistol and close up of the other markings, etc. - it might help someone who is familiar with it identify it.

Someone will come along who might be able to give you some answers on it. Over the years, there were a lot of makers of BP revolvers - some right here in the good ole USA. That's why I asked about what is telling you it speaks Italian. :)

Do you have a pic of the actual mark? It could be a poorly struck overlapping DGG of the old Armi San Paulo/Euroarms guns.

With over 45 years of shooting, selling, trading and buying reproduction cap 'n ball revolvers under my belt, I have never seen that mark before.

The Italian proof house has a book out called "100 anni di prove"/"100 years of proof" that shows this mark as belonging to a Sarezzo company called "Fusav di Bini & Baronio", founded Oct. 13, 1977, but I've got no other info on them. I hope it's at least a little bit of a lead.

Perhaps BFB made guns for only a year or so, then got bought out or went bust. Also a good chance these were never shipped to the states. Sounds like you have a rare specimen liugi. Not that it's worth more or made better, but rare none the less. Is it a brass framed 1851 like the pics of the other BFB guns I posted?

Back