It's the weekend! Get those pots hot.

Beagle333

Who's casting? Who's coating? Let's get to it. The morning is wasting. Drop some lead and take some pictures! Last weekend I didn't get to use my new NOE 452-230BD mold and so it's the first one on the hot plate this weekend. But first I have a big pan of the MP 45-225 HP's to powdercoat. Now what color do I want em??? (pics coming soon) :)

Let's see what you got!

(pic of the NOE mold)
71201E88-5B51-46E4-AF11-2400F2CA141B_zps2u5knpsu.jpg

some of the MP 45-225HP examples:
MP45-225002_zpsb3a5ca48.jpg

Okay..... first thing outta the box.... let's warm up with a quick sprint! Red Wasps have built their own housing unit in the housing of the air compressor, and they didn't like me wheeling it out to the electrical outlet. :eek: I figgered since I done run halfway to the mailbox, might as well take a little walk and get the mail. (I usually drive there, since I don't live near the road.) haha! :)

Got the first tray loaded. It must be about 110° in my shed today. Whew!:cool: I hope I got enough Dr. Pepper in the cooler!

22D8525C-AFAE-4154-856C-653C9DC46E40_zpsyhkxgiq4.jpg

Tray 1
D4C963A4-FB8A-4A8B-AC4E-50638A41B813_zpssriotcul.jpg

Then load tray two:
8984EC3D-DE93-423B-8616-153AF69B2E17_zpso805uavn.jpg

And reload tray 1 ....repeat. I use a two tray rotation, usually. One baking while loading and spraying the other. :)
E309D761-7F61-4EAC-8190-B9DC3F79D3B5_zps1reodrzm.jpg

It was nearly a hundred degrees. Almost no chance of rain. I got a pot of lead melted, got the mold about halfway warmed up, and it is flooding here now. Can't hardly see back to the house from the shed. :mad:

And more storms forming, with lightning all around. I just wasn't meant to use this 452-230BD. ;)

Last edited:
I know bout the heat. Been working on a little boat getting it ready to haul the grandkids out for some catfish and possibly speckled trout and redfish week after next. Our car cover sits on the East side of the house and when the sun gets on it, you might as well be in one of those new conventional microwave ovens. When in the boat your only about 3' from the cover and that stuff heats up FAST.

I haven't had time to cast or load or even worry about that right now. Getting those kids on some fish is my main concern. Hopefully we will hammer some good ones on the jug lines while we are anchored up soaking bait on the rods. If we don't do any good on the lake, we'll be heading to the bay to set up the lights under the generator and bring in the specks with them. It usually is a waiting game either way, but the specks under the lights is a whole lot more fun, once they start popping the top.

Sooo...seriously, its not cool that you buy factory lead bullets and then say you cast them!! Hehehe, i keed! VERY nice looking bullets. PerhapsIve found a tutor.

I finally got the 45-230BD cast today. (and it DID rain, but I toughed it out).
I had two HP pins and two cup point pins in the mold.
These are as-cast because I haven't had time to sort yet, so there might be some wrinkles or round ones in there. Don't look too close. ;)
6875021C-43CA-4B78-8EA5-D62C9539CC16_zpsemvck4s8.jpg

And I did drop some more of the H&G #68 as well, 'long as I had the pot going. (also as-cast and unsorted)
5509FACA-EDC8-4D3E-BAEA-E2FBB8CDEE67_zpspto2r72r.jpg

Back