It's Saturday again. Who's casting!?

Beagle333

There's a really bright full moon out there. 'Perfect for getting the casting stuff all set up, warming up, and waiting for daylight. Who's with me?!
I put in my five 12's a week just so I can get out there on Saturdays and melt lead into funny little shapes and color it brightly. :)
Then, sometimes (yes, sometimes, @Mike :p) I'll fling it across the yard and through a sheet of paper into a dirt pile, go dig it up and do it all again. :D

If I can find it.... this is the one that I want to start off with, this morning. The 452664 HP.
452664004_zps6e86568a.jpg

Last edited:
Yep really bright moon out for sure, 2 days after full and the could cover gone from here finally. It'll be back soon enough though.

Me, I am loading up the truck and heading north. Figured with the full moon things will be moving mid day. Hopefully I'll be flinging something across the BIG yard this afternoon or maybe this evening.

So did you "pull the trigger" on that buy now? Your right it did look nice. Thing is after having my RH's for so long and then shooting that BH the other day, culling those cases out one-at-a-time, verses dumping all 6 at once, well it was almost like pouring bullets in a single cavity after using all of those 4 and 6 cavity molds.

Anyway, enjoy the down time, the uptime will come around again soon enough.

Well, I finally found my HP mold, but then I remembered that I had the pot all loaded up with rifle alloy, so I changed the plan and went with the Lyman 280468 for some .270 bullets. I have two of those molds with that same number, but each casts a different weight bullet.
Nov9005_zpsba4d04b7.jpg

Then I tried out my new A.C.E. 310466, a mold that was made just briefly in one group buy by a fellow on castboolits. I suppose it's rare now, since he doesn't appear to be making any more. But for a while he was turning out nice ones for $55 apiece.
Nov9012_zpsfbfdbf6e.jpg

And I wanted a few more for the Mauser, so I did a pan of the Lee 324-175's.
Nov9017_zps79da871f.jpg

It was a nice relaxing day in the yard. This weather is just awesome. :)

I have to do some more of those 175s gr Lees for 8mm myself...

However, I did do about 300 today, split between 9mm and 7.62x39mm. Got a bunch of them powder coated today, too. :)

Back