It's Official I Joined The Ranks Of The Wheelgunners

Las Vegan Cajun

Went to my local gun store to use the range went in there with three guns (all S/A's) and walked out with four.

I just hate it when that happens 'cause it's hard to keep a straight face when the wife gets home.
:confused:

I bought my first revolver a, Ruger-SP101-357 Magnum-2". Just had to fire 50 rounds to see what I can do with it.

For the first time I did ok, at 3, 7 and 15 yards firing it both from single action and double I stayed inside the 7 ring.
:)

Any suggestions on holsters for CCW of this weapon?

Conga-rats! The Ruger SP101 is arguably one of the best .357 snubbies money can buy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a revolver as a carry gun. You just gained a weapons system that is self-contained, extremely flexible thanks to hundreds of possible loads in two different calibers (spanning everything from .38 target wadcutters to 700fpe .357 Magnum deerstoppers), and completely reliable with any bullet shape imaginable.

I really like the Bianchi #3S "Pistol Pocket" for carrying my Magnum snubbies. I prefer a thumbstrap, as the shorter tubes like to ride themselves out of my waistline otherwise.

With a bit of practice, you'll soon prefer a good revolver DA trigger over anything else, and you'll want to get more guns that are round in the middle.

Perfect choice for a carry wheelgun. You will not be disappointed. :)

I carry whenever possible, carry at work is out of the question since I'm employed by the Feds on Federal property.

Summer heat in the desert of Nevada means wearing very light clothing, right now I carry a Beretta T-Cat 3032 IWB strong side. In the winter I have been carrying a Beretta 92FS in a shoulder holster, but that means never taking my jacket off when I'm inside.

I would like to carry this new snubby IWB also, I'm not to crazy about SOB carry. It does have a hammer, I tried the hammerless and I did not like the trigger pull on the DAO, maybe that's something I'll get use to later.

Back