It's not about the guns, it's about LIBERTY

How's that for our new rallying cry.

Thanks to the many people who have replied to my recent questions on this forum. It's obivious to me that there are a lot of intelligent individuals who participate in this free exchange of ideas.

The evidence is all around us, the federal government is reaching to far in the grab for power and money. It's up to every one of us to convince our families, our friends, our co-workers, our local governments, our state governments and even our legistlators in DC, that what is happening now must stop.

While we may have the 2nd ammendment to help back us up, the 1st is going to be far more important in the struggles ahead. We need to excersize our right to free speech. Double your efforts at letter writting, get your friends to do it with you.

We must be heard, for if we are not successfull what will happen to this country.

------------------
Peace...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

Consider Gentlepeople:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." Patric Henry

" Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degredation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possesion and under our direction , and having them under the management of Congress? If defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safetyto us, as in our own hands? " Patrick Henry

" The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside.... Horrid mischeif would ensue were half the world deprived the use of them ... the weak will become the prey of the strong." Thomas Paine

Those old dead white men were pretty savvy critters.........

------------------
What part of "INFRINGED" don't they understand?

KAM, well said. The truly sad part of this is that a majority of folks do not understand that statement "it's not about guns, it's about liberty".

I have used that same statement on some "fence sitters" and have gotten replies like "we're already free, why do you need guns".

Dispite this response I will continue to use that logic -as it is tacticly sound and correct.

Never give up.

Join NRA, GOA and vote!
CMOS

Back