It's coming: Calif. CCW lawsuit 12/20/99!

Jim March

It's on. I'm suing my Sheriff over illegal, biased and corrupt CCW issuance policies. Unlike earlier CCW suits that focused purely on illegal policies or tried to assert an RKBA "right" to self defense, I'm mixing illegal policies and procedures with a "right to equal protection, equal to the cronies who are getting ready access" - which I can verify is happening.

I've set up a discussion thread on Bladeforums plus a thread for "data and live updates from court" which I hope the local media will monitor.

General discussion: http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000326.html
It'll be better if we can keep all discussion there because it'll be one place for local media to monitor. I've GOT to get their attention if I want real results out of all this. That's also where I'll answer questions, I don't have time right now to monitor a lot of forums...thanks for understanding.

The "live update" thread (needs to be kept lean and mean, will be moderated if necessary): http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000325.html

Jim March
Equal Rights for CCW Home Page http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw

[This message has been edited by Jim March (edited December 09, 1999).]

DC and others: one thing I could use help on is crossposting this to the AR15 and AK47 forums or any other good ones you guys know of. I've hit glocktalk, tacticalforums, gunspot, BF of course, if people post to any others list them back here, OK?

Thanx!

Jim March

[This message has been edited by Jim March (edited December 09, 1999).]

Extremely cool Jim!! Our own "Court Internet"

Best of luck! Jam them

Will notify other forums

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

LOL

I posted to Joes 2nd A board...
had to register at AR15.com and while waiting for my password, someone had copy pasted from Joes and posted it on AR15.

Thanks whoever you are :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Jim,
Well done, sir!

------------------
Either you believe in the Second Amendment or you don't.
Stick it to 'em! RKBA!

Mr. March,
I just posted your letter here to Shooters Talk, on the activism/Rights board.

Jim,

I've been wondering what happened with the suit and thinking about emailing you. Glad to see the suit is moving forward. Good Luck!

Thanks, all. I wish I could be more forthcoming with "Tactical details" but...I just can't at this point. It's gonna be one hell of a fight, lemme tell ya.

*I* believe in the 2nd Amendment. Unfortunately, the Fed 9th Circuit doesn't. In order to fight this case on the basis of "equal protection" I've had to abandon all claims that CCW access is a "right". I've had to agree it's a privilege; the good news is, they specifically can't discriminate in the handing out of "privileges" under the Calif. Constitution.

That's where this thing will be won or lost. I have to convince the Judge that it's NOT a "gun rights" case, that in fact if they were handling commercial driver's licenses or cabbie permits on a similar "old boy's club" basis my suit would be structured in more or less the same fashion.

Guys, if this works it opens up a whole new "front".

Jim

UPDATE: Good news, I just got a picture of the Judge and as you can see, the situation looks promising:
courtpic01.jpg

:D

Yes, this is a gag. Above is none other than that wacky dude Vampire Gerbil, see also: http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum32/HTML/001659.html

Jim

Jim, if that's the judge we should probably see if we can find the infamous "Hizzoner Vampire Gerbil in a frilly nightie with a dagger" photo. :) I think he'd listen to reason if you had that in your hand . . .

TFLers, I regret to inform you that the above is NOT a joke. The picture in question does exist. I'll post it here soon.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Just go over to BF's Community forum and look for ANY posts by "Vampire Gerbil", especially a little number with a title of "Does this nightgown make me look fat?".

Lately he's been posting these chat session logs where he takes some horny moron and slowly drives 'em conpletely and utterly nuts. Absolutely too funny for words.

Jim

The jury case that was supposed to end this week is heading into triple overtime and hogging my Judge and courtroom. SIGH. We're all on something called "phone standby". I've got to scramble tomorrow to figure out where my witnesses are supposed to be and when.

ARG.

My trial brief is filed and online, see the links to it in .PDF, Word97, Word6.0 and RTF at:
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000326.html

Jim

Jim March

Dude.. I'm in CA... I get laughed at if I even think about getting a CCW... they ban the SKS.. AR-15.. AK-47.. hi cap mags... make you wait 10 days to buy a gun...

ya know what... KICK SOME GOD DAMN ASS!!!!!!!!!

It isn't you vs. CA... it's us vs. CA! Do good for us man!

-Frank the Spank

I wish you good law as this nation was not founded on luck.

J

------------------
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.

Jim, I hope they really listen to you and don't just dismiss it out of hand. I am praying for your efforts and for us all.

Got a call from the court late in the day, kickoff is at 10:30am instead of 9:00. No big deal. Monitor the threads on BF for the latest, I won't have time tomorrow to update every forum.

:)

Jim

Back