It's a sign...

Despite all his hype and promises and machinations....under the Clinton administration:

The poor are still poor; the rich are still rich, cars still pollute, kids still die, women are still raped, the world still wages war, the sick are still sick, the hungry are still hungry, politicians are still corrupt......and the Liberty Tree will die.

Appropriate legacy for His Billness

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

This is some kind of a sign too... Also from the same story:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>This spring, state officials arranged for cuttings to be taken from the tree so clones could be produced. Louise Hayman, director of the commission that handled the procedure, says scientists won't know until the end of the year if it will succeed. If it does, seedlings will be presented to the 49 other states, she says.[/quote]

Wow! Clones of the liberty tree. Now this is a wooden clone that I would vote for.
(There must be an Algore joke in there somewhere) :)

------------------
RKBA!

"A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you." - Ramsey Clark

"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

If you want to make a symbol out of it:

it should be chopped into cord wood and piled outside the back door of the White House.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

How does that quote go?

Perhaps it is dying because it is starving to death. Seeing as how it hasn't been watered with the blood of tyrants in a loooong time. So, are there any tyrants that wish to volunteer? :)

------------------
---
I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - RKBA!

Not making a suggestion or anything, but in reading this thread, an image conjures in my mind of 3 items. The Liberty Tree, A certain leader of a certain country, and a length of rope... Imply what you may.

Imply what you may.

Ummm... Überkommandant Klinton displaying his manliness by yanking the tree out by its roots? ;)

------------------
"Janet Reno is the fire that ignites my loins."
--Joe Cartoon

"I can not tell a lie. I chopped down that Liberty Tree." - William Clinton

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

"I can not tell a lie...", by Bill Clinton?

Run for your lives, folks!
There will be lightning from a clear, blue sky!!!!

hehehe - Bill doesnt make a good George Washington does he?

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Back