Ithaca Rifle

STEVE M

I just aquired an Ithaca 30-06 rifle.
The model is: LSA 65. I'm not interested in selling it, but was wondering about the history of it. If you need the serial number let me know and I will E-mail.
Thanks, Steve

Steve:
Don't have much history on this one. It is similar to the LSA 55 except long action calibers,25-06, 270, 30-06. There is also a deluxe model in the LSA 65, rollover cheek piece, rosewood pistol grip cap, and forend tip, skipline checkering no sights, scope mounts furnished. My records indicate it was mfg'd from 1969-1977.

HJN

Mike Dill

I had one of the Ithacas you wrote about. Like an idiot I sold that gun. I have never seen another one, if I do I will buy it. It was the most accurate rifels I've ever owned. Mike Dill

As stated, they were built by the Tikkakoski Oy company of Finland and built for Ithaca. We have 4 in the family, 3, 30/06s' and one .243. I love them. The .243 is my most accurate rifle shooting dime sized groups at 100yds. My 06 isn't too far behind it too. It was my first weapons purchase at 15yrs old for .$150.00. Packed it many miles, had a horse wreck, rebuilt it and packed it some more. Killed lotsa critters w/ it.
elkman06

Back