Ithaca 300? Anyone hear of it?

GreenDragon

Just picked one of these up on a whim the other day. I've been looking for a light semi/double for pheasant and dove hunting when this caught my eye. It's made by SKB in Japan, has a modified choke, almost perfect bluing and finish. It's nice to own a 12 ga. semi that handles this nice and only cost $240. I can't find anything about this gun on ithaca's sight though and wanted to know what everybody know about them. Any positive/negative experiences?

I also just found out that the buttstock is slightly cracked right where the grip contacts the receiver. DOes anyone know how to fix this or where on earth I can find a replacement?
thanks,
Josh

That was also known as the SKB 300. Ithaca contracted with a Japanese company to produce it, and it was a good, well made shotgun. Pop had one given to him after some $%^&*( lowlife stole his Savage O/U. I used it after his infarction and liked it. It was a 20, and a great upland gun.

As far as the cracked stock goes, any decent smith can fix it, but it might not be cheap. Check Gunparts for a possibly replacement...

Thanks for the info, Dave. I'll try taking it back to the shop where I bought it. They don't have a warranty per se but they do have a good business ethic and I buy almost everythiing there because of that so hopefully they'll take care of it. If this fails, does anyone know how to fix it myself, how much it'll cost if I can't, or where to find a new one. I don't want to end up smearing JB Weld all over the place after it breaks only to find out there's a better way. :)
thanks,
josh

Josh, try over on gunshops.com. The folks seem fecally cognizant, and they may have a better idea on how to do it. I've mended cracks by dripping in thin epoxy, but that was on utility grade guns. And I'm NO Smith....

Back