It Started With a Search for a Belt

rjinga

I bought a few plastic G3 mag pouches a while ago, and decided recently to try and find a proper belt to put them on. Well, the fully loaded mags are kind of heavy, so I decided that a rig with shoulder straps would be better than just a belt. I didn’t find anything for the plastic pouches; however, I did find a military surplus rig that takes the Flecktarn pattern double-mag pouches.

7ojabIK.jpg

The rig came with three attachments:
ySBtS0F.jpg

And then I ordered four double-mag Flecktarn pouches to go with it (minus the trenching tool pouch):
k0XoUti.jpg

And then I decided that it would all look better over a Flecktarn shirt:
ldVWEG4.jpg

vwblSvG.jpg

wKgrekp.jpg

I was showing the rig to my 20 yo son and telling him that the shirt should be coming the next day. With a slight tone of concern in his voice he asked “You’re not buying a whole uniform are you?” My response was “No, of course not.”

However, I did order a short-brim Flecktarn boonie hat. What’s the point of having the shirt and rig if my light brown/grey hair is sticking out like a sore thumb, right?! And, if I happen to find a pair of pants in my size…

CalmerThanYou said:
Careful you are entering the world of Tacti-cool

I thought I had to wear the whole outfit to Walmart, or at least the public range, first for that to apply. Also, I don't have a chest rig (mine's a belt), or the knee and elbow pads. ;)

Back