It is like squirrel hunting as a kid again!

bernie

When I was young (and stupid) I used to hunt without hearing protection. Duck, deer, squirrel, it did not matter, I went with "naked" ears. Then I got to thinking about my hearing and started hunting with hearing protection. I have tried lots of things over the years, with the baffled ear plugs being what I settled on years ago. I believe they are called "Sonic II's" and while okay, they were not great, it still hampered my hearing significantly.

This afternoon I went out with my new Peltor Tactical 6 ear muffs, and they are the shiznit! I came home with 5 squirrels, largely because I could hear them before I saw them.

I cannot wait for our Christmas deer hunt or to get in the duck blind with them.

For those of you that have thought about using these for hunting, wait no longer and buy you some, they are great.

For those of you that have no idea what the Tactical 6 ear muffs are, they are ear muffs with microphones on them to transmit normal sounds into the ear muffs. The circuitry of the muffs are such that sharp sounds such as a gunshot turn the microphones off. And they are very sensitive about turning off. If you break a stick by stepping on it, they would temporarily shut down the microphone.

Have I mentioned that they are great?

how much do these muffs cost. i want to hunt with my muzzlebrake on instead of the cr for reduced recoil. do u think they are for sale in Canada

Mine were $69.99 from Cabelas. You can find more inexpensive versions, but I hunt in a boonie hat and needed the "backband" style of muffs.

Back