It finally SNOWED

It rarley snows here, if it does it snows in the late winter. The heaviest I have seen it is around maybe 2-3 icnhes. My dog doesn't like it, I stalk him with snowballs, you should see him when I suprise him:D

cain
just wondering , why do you want snow for deer hunting? Just curious....

we get anywhere from 20 inches to over 200 inches here and I hate to hunt in the stuff.

my inlaws love it too but can't explain why they need it .

Atticus, your exactly right. Snow makes tracking the big boys so much easier. :)

Of course yesterday a Chinook rolled in, the temperature rose 15 C and all the snow melted, and the rut that was just starting to get going stopped cold!:(

And to make matters worse the only shootable Whitetail buck I saw in four days, a solid 4 pointer would have easily gone over 250 lbs, was over 560 yards away. Of course the snow was just about all gone and the bush off the cutline was so thick you couldn't navigate more the 50 yards into it before you couldn't move, so of course tracking him was right out.

Boy I'm glad deer season is open until the end of November.

Next week, Mule Deer!:D

How about a couple of you guys fed-exing me some snow down here. Only get it once and awhile on the mountain. This Ohio born guy is missing the snow. Stuck down here in the deserts of AZ for now. Trying to get an assignment to Alaska. Till then, just gonna have to be jealous.

lennyjoe
if I could I would send most of it to you!!!
we live 7 miles away from lake ontario in the snow belt and we get over 175 inches average and some years over 200.

I shot my 5 pt buck last week and didn't need snow to track it heck it just walked right by me!

now I start night hunting coyotes, man I hate to lay in the snow for hours......

Back