Issues with 1100 CT

rcase1234

Hello. So I am having some issues with my 1100 Classic Trap. It is not cycling. I have been using Winchester 1 1/8oz #7.5 low brass target loads. And it won't cycle any of them! After it shoots it doesn't cycle and the bolt is a little tough to pull back to cycle the shell. The gas ring is clean, the recoil spring in the stock looks fine, and the gun has been thoroughly cleaned and oiled. I don't know what the problem could be. It has the new style once piece gas ring. The rubber I ring is a little loose and doesn't fit snug on the mag tube. Could that be it? If not, what could it be? This gun is brand new and this is the second time I've shot it and it won't cycle.

First, is the gas port clean? It might still have some of the gunk they put on the gun for shipment in the gas port opening.

It sounds like something in that area is the issue. The O ring should be snug on the mag tube in the recess on the tube. If it needs replacing, get some Viton ones from the auto supply store - just get the correct size. Do NOT use lube on the ring as any oil-based product will eat the ring.
It should easily handle basic 1oz target loads with no problem

I'm not trying to be funny

but is the gas ring installed correctly (not backwards)? Also, it's ok if the O ring is a little loose.

If you remove the bolt assembly, and the trigger assembly, can you easily push the link (the part that connects the rear of the bolt assembly to the action spring in the stock) back towards the stock?

You stated the gun has been oiled. Make sure you do not oil the magazine tube, as that will gum up the works.

here's what it looks like

receiver at bottom

48AA4079-ED40-4972-ACC5-1DC2C4F822B6-6909-00000CCA6DC7F2C8_zpse146f0ef.jpg

The only other thing I can think of is that the bolt is not being freed to move back when you fire. Is the locking block assy (inside the bolt) free to move?

When is the last time you detail cleaned it? Very easy gun to strip all the way down. I took apart my friend's 1100 a couple years ago. It had not been fully cleaned since new(1972). Amazing how much crud I got out of it. So much smoother now.

Snow? What's that? :) Before I left Ohio I was about to spring for a new snowblower. I haven't missed that experience one bit.

Back