ISSF legal guns....best choices and where to buy?

NBS2005

Taking advice from the forum, I'm going to concentrate on 22 competition. I'd like to get a gun that conforms to ISSf rules (153mm barrel, 220mm sight radius, and will fit in the legal box).

I hear a lot of talk about the russian bailkal and the benelli. The berreta 89 is also mentioned, though not specifically a ISSF gun. Can anyone help point me in the right direction for some of these guns? An IZH35 for around $500 would be sweet. I've seen postings that they sold for that price a few years ago, but I can't find any.

Any and all help is appreciated.

J

"...Russian Baikal..." Few, if any, aftermarket grips or parts should you ever need any. Everything Russian seems to be called Baikal. You may have trouble finding one at any price too.
How much money do you want to spend? $500 isn't much for a target pistol and you get what you pay for. Target pistols can run well over a grand. Some of 'em close to 2 grand. Most of 'em meet ISSF rules.
A lot of new shooters buy a 6" Ruger .22 as an entry level pistol. $500 will easily buy one. Then upgrade as their skills and finances get better. Assuming finances are an issue.
Used a 6" Smith Model 41, myself, when ISSF was called ISU. Started with a bull barreled Ruger I quickly traded(poor trigger and a nightmare to field strip)for used Vostok Margolin. Don't know if the Vostok can be had Stateside.

Back