Israeli Web Gear...any good?

Dog Soldier

Inactive
I found a website that sells Israeli military surplus and am interested in their Reconnaisance Vest. Has anyone ever used this or any other gear from the Israel military? The cost is a bit high because of the shipping so I would like to do a bit of research beforehand.

Thanks.

What's the vintage on the vest? I've seen a Galil load bearing setup and it seemed well made.

I wouldn't mind taking a look either. Please post the url.

I can't comment on the recon vest but the rest looks like the Singapore Armed Forces load bearing equipment. I might be able to get some stuff from Singapore (I know someone there) I was offered some of their stuff a while back and it was a lot cheaper than the prices posted for the Israeli gear. If you are interested post here and I will look into it. It should be functionally identical, the IDF and Singapore have been training together since they gained their independance in the 50s.

While IMI pistols and rifles are top notch some of the IDF's other suppliers are second rate. The Front Line holsters used by their police forces (military and civilian) fall apart after limited work and the boots they issue some of their troops don't last under sustained use. In short, caveat emptor.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited January 26, 2000).]

I have one of the load bearing vests for the Galil (i think its called the EPHOD). It is an excellent vest and very comfortable.

Back