Israeli M1 Carbines at SOG

zxcvbob

Has anybody here bought one? Are they a good deal at $700? You get to pick your manufacturer (Winchesters cost more.) I'd kind of like to buy an IBM because that company is so "anti" now. But more than that, if I pay $700 for a Carbine I'd like for it to be a good shooter and not worn-out or falling apart or missing pieces.

They don't say anything about the rear sights being staked. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think they come with the strap or bayonet.

I haven't seen a decent M1 carbine for $700 in two years. Look 'em over carefully, get the one you want. I'd love to see the $300 deals I used to get...

You can get the sling, modern bayonet, and stock pouch for about $50 total. The first year of production, the carbine had no bayonet mount.

I got a great Saginaw from CMP last year and I'm very happy with it. $700 bucks seems to be an average price for a used carbine.

No more carbines at CMP, the few they have on auction are selling over $1500. I broke down an ordered a new AO M1 carbine ($675) after reading they made a lot of parts for the original M1 rifle for the other contractors.

Doug

Sounds like 700 is a good deal to me. I just picked up a Winchester M1 Carbine for 1000 bucks this past weekend but mine is all original WWII.

Jackpine- you are right they are not going to get any cheaper. I'm hoping that mine doubles in value over the years.

$700 for an import marked mixmaster seems too high to me. I'd think if you looked around your local gunshows you could probably pick up a non import marked gun for the same price if not cheaper.

Around 2002 a company was selling non import marked GI carbines for $169.00 but it was LEO only sales. Due to the guns being imported for law enforcement sales, they were able to get by non import marking them. I knew several cops buying them for resale. Even then that was a huge steal at that price.

Back