Israeli .308 M1898 Mausers

Hard Ball

Does anyone have any experience with the Israeli miliatary conversions of Model 1898 8mm Mausers to .308 caliber? A new lot of these Israeli.308 Mausers is currently on the US surplus market. I am thinking of using one to build a Scout rifke using the Ashley Scout rifle kit. I would be interested to hear from memberswith shooting experiences with these rifles.

I played with a couple before settling on my VZ-24 (.33"@100yrds consistant). All I can say is CHECK THE HEADSPACE. It may or may not have an original bolt, and it will need checking out. Usually (almost always) these guns live up to what we expect from large-ring Mausers-excellent quality and workmanship. You might occasionally get one of the late-war production guns that were not finished as well, but overall you will be happy.

------------------
I don't CARE about pretty....I just want dangerous.

I got one about 12 years ago and am very happy with, it basically is a ready made scout, just add scope. Mine has an FN barrel. I never scoped mind but get about 2 moa with iron sights, this would surely get down to 1 moa with a scope.
Who has them?, I don't have acess to shotgun news and I haven't seen them at the supplier websites.

Back