Ishapore 2a1 Safety Issue

Kvon2

Hey all,

I took my new to me Ishapore out yesterday and it shot great but the safety kept getting activated by the recoil and I would have to turn it off after each shot.

I saw online some people have just tightened up the screw and it works fine. I took it apart, looked for anything abnormal and put it back in. It seemed better at first but after moving it a few times it seems to be back to the way it was.

Any thoughts?

I've thought about using loctight and keeping it in the off position but I don't love the idea.

Safeties generally have some kind of spring involved.
Since you already had this one apart, did you notice if there was a spring?
Maybe it's either missing or needs replacing.
Just an ignorant thought, as I know nothing of this particular shootin' iron.
No charge though, not even the usual 2 cents.

Very generous of you!

I did not notice any spring however if I removed the action from the stock there may have been some additional parts I didn't have access to.

Oh okay then yes, we have one of those...i don't really know that it needs to be replaced though, its still in tact and sturdy

Hi. You tightened the screw and it doesn't work, correct? You can try changing the safety's screw(sold out at Gunparts, of course) or replace the spring. Might help to change the washer for $3. Gunparts part #487700.
Only saving grace is that the 2A uses mostly the same parts as a No. 1 Mk III Lee-Enfield, so you don't have to search for 2A exact parts. Not that it helps much.

Well I found the washer and I don't think that's the issue...I'm leaning towards it being the screw. I can't tighten it as much as I want because it seems the paint or whatever they finish the stock with got in the tread of the screw and I can't sit the flathead all the way in

Back