• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Is this, or is this not, a firearms board?

deanf

Seems that of late, a lot of threads are being created in Legal and Political that have not even the loosest connection to guns.

Why is that?

Is it just my imagination, or do I remember a time whence a thread in Legal and Political that was clearly not gun related would be closed? Or perhaps I remember a time when the general membership knew enough not to post threads in Legal and Political that weren't gun related, even though, technically, such threads are permitted. I can't decided which it is.

Of course I understand that the rules are open to interpretation. At times these rules seem pretty fluid. That's fine. I guess I'm just wondering why the fluid seems to be flowing in a particular direction of late.

Re-read the forum descriptions deanf. We have always had a less restrictive requirement for firearms content in L&P than in General Discussion, for example.

A moderator can correct me if I am wrong, but I have always taken the description of Legal and Political, ”Round table discussions range from the Bill of Rights, to concealed carry, to general political issues.” to mean exactly that. From the time I have been here it seems that Legal and Political has always been allowed to have discussions on all things political (given certain restrictions like abortion, etc) regardless of its relation to the second amendment.

From the time I have been here it seems that Legal and Political has always been allowed to have discussions on all things political (given certain restrictions like abortion, etc) regardless of its relation to the second amendment.

It wasn't always like that. It just seems to have gotten out of hand of late, in my opinion.

It all goes in cycles, dean.

Once we finally get past winter, get some warm sunshine on the back of our necks, and the "fair-weather college students" have to go back home for the summer, everything will slowly get back to normal.

That is, until next winter.

:eek:BWHOOOHOHOHOHOOHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!:eek:

:D

Back