Is this any good?

AL45

I shot my first reloads in my 7.35mm Carcano. 128 grain bullets with IMR 4064. Out of 6 shots, 4 grouped in 3 inches but the other 2 spread the group out to 9 inches. This was open sighted over a sandbag at 100 yards.

I'm not an expert on that round but I don't think it's ever good for more than one round to spread out to 9 inches especially considering the group ofte others

A three-inch group at 100 yards with that carbine would be pretty much normal, in fact pretty good with open sights. The fliers could be due to the shooter (sorry!) or to something else. Tangolima asked about bullet diameter as the correct diameter for that gun is .300" (not .308" as with most .30 caliber rifles).

Jim

I measured the bullet and it is .2995 and yes it could very easily be the shooter. I found out that the target distance was 75 yards.

Maybe a dumb question, but were you allowing cooldown between shots? Could be the difference with the Carcano. I know you stated you reload, so I figured you probably know. But, never hurts to ask

No ShooterBob I didn't. And I didn't look at the target until all 6 shots were fired, so I don't know which 2 shots were the flyers.

Back