Is this a Grade III/V

This is being sold as Grade III/IV walnut stock/ Does it look like it?

The box says it is a Grade I 725 Trap model. Should it say III/IV? The gun is for sale on Armslist for $2,000. I why so cheap.
3524667_02_browning_citori_725_trap_adj_3_640.jpg

Yep. It's a wood question. The one you pulled up isn't a Citori 725, but the one I asked about is a 725. The 725 has a 3" chamber and the earlier Citoris are 2-3/4". Also the side of the receiver only says 725, but does not say XT.

No, it doesn't look like a grade III/IV to me.....it looks like an upper end grade I to me....
---------------
http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92794&d=1384217534

A pair of my Citori XT's ..../ both Browning factory guns / top one I bought new - the bottom one I bought used.

In my view....the top gun is a grade III / IV ......and the bottom one is somewhere over a grade VI...maybe a VII...( I didn't get the original paperwork with the bottom one )...

I thought it a scam. It is listed for sale by a "dealer" who will only ship and not allow local pickup. I made a scam report on Armslist, but I bet it gets ignored.

I'm not confident its a scam....guy might have picked up the gun in an estate sale or something...now he's selling it / and he's not a Trap shooter so he has no idea what it really is....

But I've told you this before ....buying a gun online is a bad idea in my view / especially a used gun like an XT ....when there are almost literally dozens of them for sale locally to most of us .../ every range has a bulletin board full of guns for sale....and Trap shooters especially fall in and out of love with a specific gun - faster than a 15 yr old boy .....( and they all have at least a dozen Trap guns....and all 12 of them are probably for sale...)...:D

Buy locally ...so you can check them out in person ( or break down and order a new one ...you cheap bugger ....geez...)....:D / I know we're friends, but getting $ 3,000 out of you ....is like getting $ 30,000 out of most guys...come on man, live a little ....!!

$3,000? I wish things were so inexpensive. This house remodeling will bankrupt me. I don't think I would ever buy a used gun off the internet, but shop it to get an idea what is out there.

Last edited:
FWIW I reported that to Armslist as a scam and about two hours later the listing was blocked and a message was posted that the community had spoken and the listing was no longer available.

Back