Is this a good trade?

Kermit

I've always like my buddy's 45 acp revolver even using those silly moon clips. Shoots right where I point, nice trigger, and I'm learning revolvers can be cool. My buddy on the other hand has always liked my Sig 220. I have been thinking of selling it to get a Colt, but this trade might be the ticket. What do you guys think?

If I were you I'd find the cash to buy his 625 (or one like it) and KEEP YOUR SIG! Having two guns that shoot .45 will be convenient and I guarantee that at some point you will regret parting with your P220. Also, strictly dollars and cents, the Sig is probably worth more.

If both parties are happy with the trade then it's a good deal no matter what the guns are. As far as value is concerned...HE WINS. I've never owned one but the S&W's 625's have a loyal following. Forget the value...I say go for it! Best Regards, J. Parker

A little more info would help, but my gut instinct is that he would be getting the better part of the deal. That is, unless you got your Sig for a song, and he has a rarer 4" bbl. Model of 1989 625. All of the used 625s seem to be in the mid-$400s on up. A brand new 625 Mountain Gun runs over $600, for comparison.

i thought it sounded like a pretty fair trade unless you've had a buncha custom work done to your sig. used 220s are going in the mid-$400's the last i looked, i think a well maintained 625 is harded to come by.

STOP! don't do it

Lacking more information, I would hold on to the Sig P220;
as it is a state-of-the-art firearm.:D Far more modern than
ANY revolver.:) With that said, yes the S&W line of .45
caliber revolver's are a beauty to behold; but the Sig win's
the beauty contest hands down, and fit's most peoples hand
like a glove.:) I would not make the trade; even if your friend had a S&W .45 caliber Mountain Gun.:( The Sig would
hold it's value longer, over the course of time.:D:) I will
never, ever part with my P220.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Do it . . .

And then buy the new ALL STAINLESS P-220. In this way, you will have eliminated the alloy frame, which has occasionally cracked in full-size Sigs.

Back