Is this a good deal on a Knight SR25?

Rainbow Six

I went into a local gun shop today to pick up a holster that I had on order and the owner of the shop said he had the rifle that I was looking for. He knew that I have been approved to go to counter-sniper training and that I am on the market for a rifle.

Anyway, he brings out this "Stoner" Knight SR25 with a Leupold Tactical 3.5-10X-50 sitting on Knight's "modular mounting rail". This gun handles great. He said he'd let me have it for $2750 walk out, including the backpack style soft case, a set of Knight iron sights that also attach to the rails, two twenty round clips and 500 rounds of ammo.

Since I have never owned an AR-15 style rifle and had planned to put together a tack driving bolt gun based on a Remington 700 action I don't have a clue what this gun is worth. Is this a deal?

Also, if anyone has experience with the Knight SR-25 I would greatly appreciate your comments on their accuracy and also their reliability. I'm willing to spend the bucks if the gun is worth it but I hate to drop that kind of jack for a POS.

Thanks in advance for any help...

------------------
Watch your six...

R6

Thanks for the links. After reading tons of postings on those and other boards and sleeping on it, my initial desire to own the Stoner SR-25 as my main Police sniper rifle is all but gone. I read about a *LOT* of fail to feed problems experienced by SR25 owners. That is not acceptable under the circimstances in which I might be required to rely on my rifle.

It's one thing to have a malfunction while punching paper or shooting a match. It's an entirely different game when dealing with Police sniper scenarios. There are enough headaches involved when these situations go "right". ;)

I may take your recommendation and cut my AR teeth on a BM carbine in .223 as a patrol rifle and leave the tack driving to a better suited piece of equipment.

Thanks again

------------------
Watch your six...

R6

The best deal on an SR25 is to keep on walking past...

I had an early one, and it was nothing but trouble. It shot extremely well, but couldn't cycle through a magazine.

Range baby doesn't do this thing justice. I traded mine even up for an HK SR9T, and I KNOW who got the better deal on that one...

Dave,

That seems to be the most common response.

dZ,

Thanks for the link. That might be a good option! :)

------------------
Watch your six...

R6

Back