Is this a good deal on a HK USP .45?

art g

A friend from work just took me over to look at an HK USP .45 (blued) that he is thinking of buying from one of our local pawn shops. I would like to give him good advice on whether to get it or not but I have no experience with HK so I am here to ask you guys. The gun appears to be in great shape with original plastic box and instruction book. The sights on it look to be three dot night sights and the rear sight says "True Dot" on it which I am not familiar with. I don’t know if they are factory or aftermarket. Asking price is $659 but they will let it go for $600. Any advice about this gun, sights, price etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Art G.

Meprolight has Tru Dot typed in green on the rear sight. They are damn good sights.

If the gun is brand new, $600 would be a very good deal, esp. since it includes the Meprolight NS. A used model, with or without night sights should be much less than $659 (or $600, for that matter).

Thanks .357Sig for your help. I appreciate it! The gun is used but looks to be in great shape....

You should be able to buy a new USP45 for about $625. You can buy Meprolights for $65. If it is in great shape, including two mags, the case, and the manual, I'd go no higher than $525.

Dealer cost is $580.

I bought mine for $525, but it was a promo package, with one mag and cardboard box.

I wouldn't pay more than $550 for a used one.

600 seems right if it is in very good shape with 2 mags (which it comes with) and night sights that are not too old. Personally, I love Meprolights and wish I had them on my USP.

The USP .45 is my favorite gun and I can't say enough good things about it. You can check the date code that is two letters stamped on the slide on hkpro.com to see when it was born.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. Based on the information you all provided and some further research it looks like my friend is going to buy a brand new HK USP Compact .45 instead. A small local shop I steered him to has them for $719 in blue and $729 in stainless. They might even come down some. Anyway, thanks again for all the help! Art G.

Back