Is this a good deal for this Kimber?

geegee

I was in a local (Dallas) gun store today, and saw a NIB Kimber Pro Elite. It looks identical to the CDP Pro Carry, except the PC has a blue frame & stainless slide, where the PE had a stainless frame & a blue slide. The store had it marked down from $1395.00 to $1295.00. Two questions: is this a good price,and what are the differences between these two pistols and one other Kimber, which I believe was called the Royal Elite? Many thanks, geegee.

i saw a kimber ultra elite at the austin gunshow this weekend for $899. that's a slightly different model (the ultra is smaller than the pro), but i think $1295 sounds pretty darn high. i saw ultra carry cdps ranging from $899 cash to $939. i don't remember any prices on pro's, but they are probably quite similar. also note that the pro & ultra elites have been discontinued by kimber -- probably because they are now pushing the CDP's.

aficinado,
Was the Ultra Elite you saw being sold by an individual, or a dealer? I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and would be interested in contacting the owner. Thanks.

it looked like a dealer -- large spread of NIB guns. i don't remember what the name was. it's not a dealer i've ever bought from.

the $899 ultra cdp's were from a dealer called "the bullet hole" in a town near dallas; i think duncanville was the name of the town.

Thanks for the info, aficinado. I currently own an Ultra CDP, but would like to pick up an Ultra Elite just for the fact that there aren't any more of them being made.

geegee,

I've been trying to find out the difference between the CDP and the Pro myself. Never heard of the Royal Elite. As you probably know, the Kimber web site describes the two with almost the same wording, so I emailed Kimber and asked what the difference was. This is their answer
The web site will catch up soon, but the Pro Elite was replaced by the Pro CDP as the enhanced pistol in our Pro Carry line.
As far as I can tell the CDP is much the same gun as the Elite with some different finishes in different places.

If you are really interested...

"...would like to pick up an Ultra Elite just for the fact that there aren't any more of them being made."

...I know where one is in a private collection. AFAIK, it's never even been out of the bag. They are absolutely beautiful little pistols and suprisingly accurate.

E-mail me if you want to dicker with him...

Dr. J: Thanks for the info. As far as I know, the Royal Elite was one of the first custom pistols Kimber produced as a limited edition-other than that, I'm still in the dark as to the differences with the other two mentioned.Best regards, geegee.

I have a Kimber Pro Elite FS

geegee,

I have a mint Pro Elite I'm selling. It comes with a few Wilson goodies. E-mail me if interested - 10mmman@home.com

Back