Is this a fair price for a Mossberg 590?

Icopy

I'm thinking about selling my Mossberg 590 at a local gun show in Ohio. This is the 9-shot model with heat shield and bayonet, I mean, accessory lug. The gun is in 95 - 98% condition. I'm including a M9 styled bayonet in the deal. Is $250 a fair price? Thanks, guys.

I would say that is a very fair price. Especially if your gun has ghost rings. Prices around here for NIB bead sighted 590s with the above accessories go up to $370.

The best deal I've seen is $269 for a NIB 590 with bead sights, heat shield and bayonet lug.

Best deal I saw for a used 590 in the same configuration was $180 -- this gun had only one box of birdshot through it. I bought it. :)

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

I'd ask for $280 - they will try to get you down some from your starting pirce, and even if they don't, that's still a very fair price.

OTOH, I question your sanity in selling a fine shotgun like that :D
You'll get my 590A1 from my cold dead ones, and that's if none of my buddies are there to fight for it :)

If it's got a heat shield, then it won't have ghost ring.

I'd say that is a good price, but as the other gent says, ask for more and settle on $250.

That's unusual. They don't normally come stock with ghost ring/front sight and heat shield. Normally just a bead if it has the heat shield.

Wish I could get the heat shield - I shoot skeet with mine, as well as other things......

Got mine two years ago NIB. The guy at the gunshow said it was strange that it had both. I guess it was just God saying "sorry about all that crummy sh!t I do to ya"

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Back