Is there some relief in sight?

the45er

Good rumor has it that a company is going to build a plant to make primers. It is allegedly going to be located near Texarkana, Texas. I sure hope this is correct as it should at least accelerate the recovery of reasonable primer costs. Of course, it will take awhile to construct, but at least something may be happening. When it's hard to find 1000 primers at $75, it's time for capitalism to kick in!

U can also fly down to argentina and make a deal with that primer company, like ZincPoint did. If they dont have exclusive. The company in texas is called "expansion ammunition".

Primers is currently the bottleneck, I agree with that. Everyone can get powder, brass, bullets, as that comes in stock weekly. You might not be able to get the EXACT powder you want, but most cartridges can work with literally 20 powders well. And a few of those 20 is probably in stock right now.

If there is money to be made, people are going to make it. The price will mostly be higher than before. Why won't it be, when anything else is more expensive?

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'll probably pass on flying to Argentina (jeez, really?). I was just suggesting that the "supply" end of the "supply and demand" equation may grow a bit. Will we ever see primers at $29/1000 - probably not. But it will be a lot more fun to shoot when they're $50, not $125/1000.

I have seen more and more $100 and even $75. It is improving, slowly. $40-$50 is what I would expect to see when everything settles.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's hard not to wax political on this subject but it took a renewal of people's faith in the top leadership to solve the first primer shortage. I remember how stunned I was to find primers on sale 10 bucks off a 1000 a couple years after the first shortage ended. There's hope but with the level of inflation we're seeing now, 50 bucks a 1000 could likely be the new normal...

Tony

Back