Is there Ammonia in Outers Nitro Solvent?

I have a Remington Marine Magnum and I have been warned against using solvents containing ammonia because it can marm the finish. I was wondering if anyone might know if OUTERS GUNSLICK NITRO SOLVENT bore cleaner contained any ammonia..?

What solvents are safe for Nickle finishes/chrome bored shotguns?

Thanks,

BEN

BreakFree CLP. Also consider the newer graphite stuff like Sentry Products.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I suggest dropping a letter to Remington and ask if that finish or any undercladding would be harmed by ammonia. They call it an "electroless" nickel finish, but I don't know what that means.

Jim

Jim. Maybe they mean it won't electrcute you. :) OK. Poor joke.
Seriously though, Boge's comments about Mpro's product, MP-7 is right on. That stuff would walk on water, if it had legs. I was so impressed with what that stuff did in cleaninf up an old 30-30 I own, made in 1910, that I wrote them a testimonial, something I have NEVER done before.
In essence, I said, I have an old 30-30 with a bore totally black from improper cleaning anc corrosive primer damage. I tried Hoppe's #9. Shooters Choice, JB bore paste, and even steel wool on a brush trying to clean up that barrel. No such luck. It stayed black. Saw MP-7 at a gun show, and bought some to try. I worked on that barrel for about 4 hours, soaking it with that stuff. After about 30 minutes, I worked the barrel over with a tight bore brush. Another soak, another 30 minutes, and all was repeated. Anyway, after the 4 hour marathon was finished, the bore is a light grey color. The rifle, which even as bad as it as shot just a hair tighter, but considering its age and hard trigger pull, I would have been happy if there had been no change. (Bad barrel and all, it did 2.5 inch groups with cast lead.) Now it does 2.25 in groups, if I do my part, and has even given a 2 incher or two. I think my wiggles compensated for my waggles on those though.
One thing about MP-7 that you should remember. Any gun you clean with that stuff should be properly oiled afterwards. MP-7 will remove all oil on the metal, and in the pores of the metal. It is thorough stuff.
Tell you what. Take a gun you know you have thoroughly cleaned. Re-clean it with MP-7. Look at you patches.
Before anybody says anything, I have no stock, or any other interest in the company.
With that said, you can order MP-7 at:
1-800-yes-4MP7.
Paul B.

Back