Is there a way to mount a scope and not alter the gun? Clamp on?

thebser

I have a argentino mauser 1891 and want to put a scope on it, But the guns number matching and in wonderful original shape. Is there a way to put a scope on it without altering the gun. maybe a clamp on or something? im gonna buy another bolt to bend and make a shooter out of her without damaging the gun. Ideas and suggestions welcomed and thank you

I believe brass stacker has Mauser scope mounts.
I know nothing about Mauser's, but I got a mount for my mosin from there. Not cheap, but it's a great quality and made in america. Free shipping and i got mine in 3 business days!

The mount did not alter the gun permanently at all.
Check it out at least

Several companies make "no-gunsmithing" scope mounts for Mauser rifle that replace the rear barrel open/iron sight's leaf, allowing the use of an intermediate eye relief (Scout) scope, or a long eye relief (handgun) scope.

p_100002420_1.jpg

Google "no-gunsmithing mauser rifle scope mount".

Thanks

Yea I got this beautiful mauser argentino 1891 and its all original and numbers matching so I don't wanna butcher it. Im thinking on trading it off but idk yet and if I keep it I wanna make a good shooter out of it. I honestly would rather have a gun I could chop and not care lol Im not a collector but I see the value of this gun if I leave it alone

Back