Is there a way to make a semi Auto Thompson into a full automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug.38PR

A local gun store I go to sells Semi-Automatic guns that are based on fully automatic submachine guns (Uzzies, Tommy Guns, etc.). My question is, that if I buy a Tommy Gun in Semi-Auto form, is there a way with ease and won't devalue the gun or damage it that I can make it a fully automatic if it should ever be once again legal to own guns (especially machine guns) without state or federal interferance or if there should be a big riot in the city or if my state or even America should be invaded by....Mexico or China....or the Klingons or Cardassians or Martians :D .
The idea is to get a cool submachine gun for fun at the range while potentially having an effective "chopper" if the need ever arised. :cool:

You would be comitting a felony punishable by a maximum of 10yrs in the pen and $10k fine .

Originals run $15k - $30k average .

+1 on the different internals. I've not compared them, but what I hear is that the receivers of the SA versions would need a heap o' machining first.

Oh... by the way Doug38... you left out the Mimbari. :D

CAN it be done? Sure.

With something like the same amount of modification it would take to turn the rear end of a '67 Caddie into a machine gun.

Short answer is, "Nope." And even if it could, not legally. And certainly not without changing it past worthlessness for resale.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back