Is there a US-Made, fixed, standard-looking SKS 10 rnd Mag?

doofus47

I am tired of banging up my Russian wooden stock in the woods. So I was going to buy a new composite to ding up instead. If I do that, though, it appears that there's all these 922r parts rules to stress my limited counting capabilities.
If my math is correct, I should be fine if the replacement stock has a US-made handguard and if I can swap the piston and magazine.

I am one of those freaks that LIKES my original, built-in 10 round fixed (nope, I don't live in Cali) magazine. So, I've been toodling around the web looking for a US-made, standard-looking, low-profile, SKS mag and I am coming up goose eggs.

Does anyone know of someone who produces this sort of thing?

SKSboards has lots of discussions, but I haven't found a source there either.

thanks

There is a 5 round mag that looks like a very short AK mag that fits in the space where the 10 round bucket goes. It's not obtrusive at all and, if I recall, it's U.S. made. What I'm wondering is, if you're "out in the woods." it could be construed that you are hunting, and usually there is a 5 round limit for the mags.

I used to have several of those ( I think USA Mags ) in 5 round... they worked fine & fit flush, but didn't change out fast... in the end I ended up with my factory 10 round & stripper clips ( we don't have a 5 round limit here anyways ) I don't know of any American reproductions of the 10 round fixed box

I am just shooting at cans with my SKS, and the usual dings and scratches just accumulate over the years. I haven't thought about taking the SKS for hunting, so I have been overlooking the 5 round magazines in my first round of searching. The 5s do appear to be streamlined. I intend to take my AR with 7.62x39 upper for hunting this fall.
I've got a bunch of 10 round strippers and my 10 round original magazine has been spotless, so I was hoping to replace like with like.

Back