Is there a S&W that meets this criteria?

I had the pro model. It was very nicely put together but recoil was stout with factory wood grips and +P 38 spl. A set of larger better padded grips would be a must if 357 carry was your goal.
Not a S&W but I also had a Ruger SP101 in 3". Factory grips also were lacking but the extra ounces helped with the recoil.

I carry the Pro Series Model 60 but in 2”. It has a kick but the single action trigger is superb allowing for accurate shot placement even from the short barrel. I use the thicker and deeper pro wooden checkered grips. Very manageable for me. If in doubt check it out before buying.

I have a 3" model 60 Pro. Quite accurate. At +/- 23 ounces I don't shoot many magnums during a range visit. I mostly shoot and carry 158 grain LSWCHP .38 +P in it.

My 3” Model 60 is a heavy barrel square butt that was a very limited run some years ago before the .357 was tried on that platform. With silver tip Winchester ammo it is every bit I wish to poke out the barrel, i carried it plain clothes for some time until replacing the revolver with a 9mm LW Commander.
I still shoot that little J frame from time to time and always enjoy it.

I carry a 3" Model 65. Not a J frame of course, but just about as easily concealed, one more shot and the recoil is much more manageable

I have a Model 60 with a three inch barrel, and even though I have an excellent holster from Bell Charter Oak, I no longer carry it.

I prefer higher capacity.

Whan I do have reason to carry a revolver, it is a Kimber K6. Much better trigger, and an additional shot.

It is now available with a 3" barrel.

The Milt Sparks Versamax 2 holster works perfectly.

I have a couple 3” 65’s and a 2 3/4” Speed Six. If I were getting something new, I would really look at the Kimber K6 3”.

Back